The Archways Up to 2 Programme is course designed to help mothers with all aspects of their baby.
The programme has proven hugely successful in West Dublin in recent years, with over 300 mothers and babies completing the course.
Meeting every fortnight, mothers and babies form lasting friendships, gain confidence and learn from the trained Public Health Nurses and Family Support Workers who deliver the course. There is no charge for the programme, which is run in partnership with HSE Public Health Nurses, Deansrath Family Centre and Archways.
With early childhood so significant for the development of children, the Archways UpTo2 Programme helps parents recognise developmental milestones.
The programme contains the following:
– Antenatal Programme: This is a workshop about preparation for parenting. It gives future parents knowledge and practical skills to help build a strong parent & baby bond.
– IY Baby Parenting Programme: This programme focuses on helping parents learn to observe and read their babies’ cues.
– Infant Massage Programme: Spend quality time with your baby learning how to give your baby a massage, and meet other local mums for friendship and support.
– Weaning Workshop: This workshop will offer you helpful advice about healthy weaning foods.
– Play & Talk Workshop: Within this workshop, parents can learn to facilitate and encourage their child’s development through play activities, interacting and talking with your baby.
– Paediatric First Aid: This half day workshop allows parents to start learning key basic first aid skills.
– IY Toddler Programme: This programme supports parents and builds skills that focus on strengthening positive and nurturing parenting skills.
Music and play form part of the Archways UpTo2 Programme with facilitators creating a safe space for babies to play, roll and sit together with their mothers.
Mothers have emphasized the importance of knowing that other parents are going through the same situation and learning from each other is a highlight of the programme.
Short video clips, interactive discussions and shared experience as well as training in first aid and baby massage help parents become more confident with their baby.
Our next programme will be starting on the 5th of September in two locations, Kilcronin & Ballyfermot.
For more information about this programme please contact the team by emailing email@example.com.
Expecting a baby? We’d love to hear your thoughts on prenatal care!
Valerie O’Brien, Public Health Nurse on why it is important to enjoy your baby
Niamh Carroll, UpTo2 Participant
“I would definitely recommend the course. It has been quite reassuring and it is quite a social thing as well, I really enjoyed it.”
Joanna Pascu, UpTo2 Participant
“I find the programme really helpful because it helps me get other tips from mams and the babies get to play. My friend is pregnant and I told her about the course, she thinks it is a great idea and she is going to join up now too.”